Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ricahrd Cohen is an idiot

Richard "ultra-liberal" Cohen says this:
McCain's true virtue is that he is a lousy politician. He is not a convincing liar, and when he adopts positions that are not his own, they infect him, sapping him of what might be called integrity energy.
I think the best response I've seen for this vapidity is this from the comment section at Yglesias's place from Tim Conner:

You know, to take Richard Cohen seriously, you would have to think he was an honest man.

Like McCain, he is not. You see, to be honest, it's not enought to be uncomfortable with lying. You have to tell the truth when it's inconvenient.

At least, that's what my mom told me when I was little.

How Cohen can look at McCain's flip-floppery and see something honorable completely escapes me. McCain's a douchebag for flushing his integrity down the toilet; Cohen is even for worse respecting it.

No comments: